The MSU Broad Art Lab is located at 565 E Grand River Ave., East Lansing, MI 48823, and is open to the public Tuesday–Sunday, 12–4pm. Click here to see what's happening in this experimental space.
The MSU Broad is a barrier-free facility and strives to support the accessibility of the exhibitions, events, and communication to all patrons. If you have questions about access or wish to request special accommodations, please contact Stephanie Kribs, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 884-3911.
The nearest designated accessible parking spaces can be found directly south of the museum in Lot 8 (next to the Student Services building) and are available to vehicles with the appropriate state-issued disability parking placard at any time. Additional accessible parking can be found in the Grand River parking structure (Ramp #6), as well as north of Grand River Avenue in the City of East Lansing surface lots.
Drop-Off + Pick-Up
Visitors wishing to drop-off or pick-up members of their party can do so via eastbound Grand River Avenue utilizing the U-shaped drive between Berkey Hall and the museum. The path from this drive to the museum’s west entrance is heated and barrier-free. If you or a member of your party could use additional assistance at drop-off or pick-up, please ask a museum staff member or contact visitor services at (517) 884-4800.
We offer a variety of engaging tour experiences for schools and community members led by museum educators, docents, and curators. Drop in most Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 3pm for public tours of our current exhibitions. Discuss the intersections of art and activism while being led through the Oscar Tuazon: Water School and The Edge of Things: Dissident Art Under Oppressive Regimes exhibitions. Tours with visual guides or ASL interpreters can also be organized. Contact email@example.com for more information.
MSU ramps and lots are open to the public after 6pm Monday–Friday and all day on weekends. Metered parking is available in the Grand River Ramp during business hours. Paid parking is also available throughout the City of East Lansing (rates in effect 8am–3am Monday–Saturday). View a parking map here.
- Have conversations about the art.
- Share your experience with us! @msubroad
- Talk to any of our gallery guides (dressed in black).
- Leave large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas at our free coat check.
- Check out the learning lounges in our Lower Level and Education Wing for exhibition-related activities!
- Take photos for personal (non-commercial/promotional) use within the museum, provided that they are respectful of the building, objects, and fellow visitors. The following restrictions apply during public hours: flash photography, use of tripods/monopods/selfie sticks, use of lighting equipment, and inhibiting the experience of other visitors.
To schedule a photoshoot outside of public hours, please contact Alysia LaBonte, Special Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 884-4815 a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
Thank you for helping us protect the artwork by:
- Not touching the art, unless it’s noted as an interactive piece. Natural oils from hands and fingers cause damage.
- Not eating or drinking in the galleries.